[gmx-users] about COM pulling and g_dist

chris.neale at utoronto.ca chris.neale at utoronto.ca
Mon Oct 4 15:54:47 CEST 2010

Dear Zhongjin:

First, I see no reason why you would not expect your g_dist values to
be negative. If you want the positive distances, then reverse the
order of the groups as you pass then to g_dist. Also, what type of
values do you get directly out of mdrun and into the pull_x.xvg file?

Second, how did you go from values to a PMF? did you use wham? If so,
and if you gave a succession of increasing value positive numbers to
note restraint positions and then your values you passed were
increasingly negative, then you will certainly get the wrong PMF.

Third, your lack of symmetry may just be a lack of convergence. Have
you done and convergence tests?

If this doesn't solve it and you want more help, please post your
g_dist commands and post an image of your pmf online.

Chris.