[gmx-users] resolved pdm2gmx

ahmet yıldırım ahmedo047 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 08:40:37 CEST 2010

Dear Dr. Abraham,

I have been trying to install gromacs-4.5.1 for a week but I could not it. I
review the installation instructions step by step, but I failed again.

*1.* I installed fftw-3.2.2 as following

ab at ab-desktop:~/Masaüstü/ cd fftw-3.2.2
ab at ab-desktop:~/Masaüstü/fftw-3.2.2
ab at ab-desktop:~/Masaüstü/fftw-3.2.2 ./configure --enable-threads
--enable-float
ab at ab-desktop:~/Masaüstü/fftw-3.2.2 make
ab at ab-desktop:~/Masaüstü/fftw-3.2.2 make install

*In this way, Gromacs-4.5.1 installed /usr/local/gromacs directory-(I have
root permissions to write there)*
*
2.* I installed  gromacs-4.5.1 as folowing

ab at ab-desktop:~/Masaüstü/gromacs-4.5.1 ./configure
ab at ab-desktop:~/Masaüstü/gromacs-4.5.1 make
ab at ab-desktop:~/Masaüstü/gromacs-4.5.1 sudo make install

*In this way, FFTW-3.2.2 installed /usr/local/include **and  **/usr/local/bin
**directories*-*-(I have root permissions to write there)*

You said:

> This set of instructions will not use the above FFTW in GROMACS. The
> configure command is inappropriate. Please see the installation guide for
> the proper approach.

Can you tell me my mistake?

Please help me?

Sincerely yours

> [...]