[gmx-users] How to incorporate WALP and KALP peptide in a Martini bilayer

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Oct 13 00:21:07 CEST 2010

Sanku M wrote:
> Hi Tom,
>   I hoped that I could self-assemble the bilayer around the peptide.
> But, the problem is how to do that. I am aware of the tutorial in the
> Martini website. But, in that case, they use genbox -ci option to insert
> certain lipid molecules in an EMPTY box. But, I guess genbox -ci option
> will not work to insert certain lipids if I already have a peptide in
> it. Looks like genbox -ci option only works for a single component system.
> If you know how to use genbox to  insert certain lipid molecules in
> presence of peptide, please let me know.

You could probably save yourself quite a bit of time by going ahead and trying
to use genbox -ci.  You can definitely insert lipid molecules into a box that
contains some other species, provided that there is sufficient space in the box
for the molecules you're inserting.

-Justin

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate