[gmx-users] Re: [gmx-developers] More than one settle type

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Oct 18 05:46:08 CEST 2010

I am CC'ing this message to the gmx-users list; please continue any future
discussion there.  I hadn't realized it was initially posted to gmx-developers,
which is the wrong forum for such questions.  Comments inline below.

Emanuel Birru wrote:
> Hi Jestin,
>
> Thanks for your advise. Just to make sure that whether I understand you
> well or not,
>
> Are you suggesting me to put additional constraints on the topology as
> below
> [ settles ]
> ; OW    funct   doh     dhh
> 1       1       0.1     0.16330
> 1       1       0.1     0.16330
> 1       1       0.1     0.16330
>
> Which supposed to represent O-H and H-H in addition to the original O-W?

Yes, but what you've posted is wrong.  You need a [constraints] directive that
does indeed replace the effect of [settles].  What you've posted above does not
accomplish that goal and will result in the same fatal error.

-Justin

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar