[gmx-users] position restraints and out of bounds atom index

Alexandre Suman de Araujo asaraujo at if.sc.usp.br
Mon Oct 18 17:05:18 CEST 2010

Since anybody helped me with this issue and I solved the problem, I'll
report the solution here to contribute with the comunity.

As I pointed in the original e-mail, the problem was the difference
between the numbering scheme of .gro file and .itp file.

I created 3 .pdb files, one for each chain and with pdb2gmx I created 3
.gro files. With these 3 .gro files I created 3 .ndx files with the
groups I'd like to apply PR and from these .ndx files I created the PR
.itp files, now with the numbering agreeing with the one of the topology
files.
The include of these PR.itp files in .top file is the same I mentioned
in the original e-mail.

With this, everything worked fine.

Cheers

Alexandre Suman de Araujo                                    *
Faculdade de Ciências Farmacêuticas de Ribeirão Preto        *
Universidade de São Paulo                                    *
Dep. de Física e Química                                     *
Grupo de Física Biológica     * e-mail: asaraujo at fcfrp.usp.br*
Av. do Café, s/n°             * e-mail: ale.suman at gmail.com  *
CEP: 14040-903                * Phone: +55 (16) 3602-4172    *
Ribeirão Preto, SP, Brasil    * Phone: +55 (16) 3602-4222    *