[gmx-users] Reg: Running Energy minimisation for dichloroethane (DCE)

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Oct 21 13:55:59 CEST 2010

vinothkumar mohanakrishnan wrote:
> Hi Justin
>
> Below is my nvt.mdp (nvt equilibration) file.i think probably you can
> have look at it and its not such big.
>
> define          =                 -DFLEXIBLE

You should never run MD with flexible water.  All the water models included in
Gromacs are meant to be rigid.  -DFLEXIBLE should only be used during EM.

> integrator     =                  md
> nsteps         =                  50000
> dt                =                  0.002
> nstxout        =                  100
> nstvout        =                  100
> nstenergy    =                  100
> nstlog         =                  100
> constraint_algorithm     = shake
> constraints        =            none

If you're not using constraints, then a 2-fs timestep might be too large.  If
you encounter any later instability, this is likely the cause.

> unconstrained_start    =    yes
> shake_tol        =              0.0001
> morse            =               no
> ns_type        =                grid
> nstlist        =                   5
> rlist        =                      1.0
> coulombtype    =            PME
> rcoulomb    =                  1.0
> vdwtype        =               Cut-off
> rvdw        =                    1.0
> pme_order    =                4
> fourierspacing    =          0.16
> pbc        =                     xyz
> tcoupl        =                 V-rescale
> tc-grps        =                system
> tau_t        =                   0.1
> ref_t        =                   300
> DispCorr    =                 Ener
> gen_vel        =              yes
> gen_temp    =               300
> gen_seed    =               173529
>
> regarding the plot i too know that one should use Xmgrace to plot. In
> the pressure Vs time(lysozyme tutorial) you have got two graphs. i to
> got the pressure Vs time (black line graph) my question is how to get
> the running average ( red line) and plot?. does i need any command to
> get the running average?. any help is highly appreciated.

Data -> Transformations -> Running averages

-Justin

jalemkul[at]vt.edu | (540) 231-9080