[gmx-users] interfacial water molecules

chris.neale at utoronto.ca chris.neale at utoronto.ca
Sat Oct 23 15:18:56 CEST 2010

Leila,

you didn't specify what you want exactly, but often what people want
is the number of waters in the first hydration shell. To get this, you
calculate an RDF of water oxygen around protein heavy atoms and
identify the first minimum. Then use a tool like g_dist to count the
number of waters within that distance. Do this for DNA and protein
separately, and then you might see that the number of waters in the
first hydration shell of these macromolecules decreases when they bind.

Chris.