[gmx-users] (no subject)

Nilesh Dhumal ndhumal at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Oct 26 01:49:58 CEST 2010

I run a test simulation for -rerun. I didn't change the topology file.

grompp -f md.mdp  -c  solvent-bmi-pf6-128.pdb  -p  solvent-bmi-pf6-128.top
 -o 3.tpr
mpirun -machinefile cp -np 8 mdrun -s 3.tpr -o 3.trr   -c
solvent-bmi-pf6-128.pdb -e 3.edr -g 3.log

with -rerun
grompp -f md.mdp  -c  solvent-bmi-pf6-128.pdb  -p  solvent-bmi-pf6-128.top
 -o 6.tpr
mpirun -machinefile cp -np 8 mdrun -s 6.tpr -o 6.trr -rerun 3.trr  -c
solvent-bmi-pf6-128.pdb -e 6.edr -g 6.log

I calculate the total energy by
g_energy -f 3.edr -o 3.xvg
g_energy -f 6.edr -o 6.xvg

The total energy varies between +- 30.00 KJ/mol.
It should be constant since I using same topology file and trajectory.
Why the total energy is not constant.
NIlesh