[gmx-users] united atom force field for long chain alkane ?

Sanku M msanku65 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 27 06:29:59 CEST 2010

Hi,
  I was planning to simulate a system of  long-chain alkane carboxylate in water
with a chemical formula CH3-(CH2)_20-COOH   .
For that I was thinking of using an united atom force-field. I found , in
gromacs, there are two United atom force-field available: GROMOS-96 and OPLS-UA.
I was wondering whether some one can suggest which united atom force-field will
be good choice for such a long chain alkane chain ?
Thanks
Sanku