[gmx-users] Error in trjconv

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Oct 27 16:36:17 CEST 2010

Sai Pooja wrote:
> Hi,
>
> While using trjconv I get this error:
>
> VMD_PLUGIN_PATH not set. Using default location:
> /usr/local/lib/vmd/plugins/*/molfile
>
> No VMD Plugins found
> Set the environment variable VMD_PLUGIN_PATH to the molfile folder
> within the
> VMD installation.
> The architecture (e.g. 32bit versus 64bit) of Gromacs and VMD has to match.

> Program trjconv, VERSION 4.5.1
> Source code file: trxio.c, line: 863
>
> Fatal error:
> Not supported in read_first_frame: nanorest_1_nvt.tpr
>
> Can anyone help in thsi regard?

Without your command line, it's hard to say exactly what went wrong (HINT:
always provide your exact command when a tool fails), but based on the fact that
trjconv is trying to read a frame (a trajectory operation) from a .tpr file and
invoking the VMD conversion routines, I'd suspect you've passed a .tpr file to
-f instead of -s.

-Justin

> Pooja
>

> --
>
> Quaerendo Invenietis-Seek and you shall discover.

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar
MILES-IGERT Trainee