[gmx-users] Reg: NPT Equilibration of water

vinothkumar mohanakrishnan kmvinoth at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 08:48:08 CEST 2010

Hi Gromacians

I want to do equilibration of water (spc model) first in the NVT ensemble
and then in the NPT ensemble to maintain a temperature of 300K and a
pressure of 1 bar respectively. The NVT equilibration works fine and the
average temperature turns out to be 299.229 K.

Energy                      Average       RMSD        Fluct.
Drift            Tot-Drift
------------------------------
Temperature                 299.229    10.3092    10.2463  0.0393873
3.93877
Heat Capacity Cv:       12.494 J/mol K (factor = 0.00118698)

 when i do NPT equilibration i am not getting the desired pressure as 1 bar
or atleast close to 1 bar (between 1-1.4 bar). In the mdp file i used
semiisotropic pressure coupling type because i want to fix the length of the
box same on two axis as that of the original box size and want to change it
only on one axis. can any one tell me why iam not getting the desired
pressure of 1 bar?.

Energy                      Average       RMSD     Fluct.      Drift
Tot-Drift
Pressure (bar)               7.4339    574.052    573.574   0.812129
81.2138

Given below is my mdp file (NPT equilibration). any help is highly
appreciated.

title           = DCE NVT equilibration
cpp           = usr/bin/cpp
integrator   = md