[gmx-users] Re: Help regading Gromacs

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Sep 2 13:20:14 CEST 2010

Please keep all Gromacs-related correspondence on the gmx-users list.  I am not
a private help service.  I am CC'ing the message there; please continue any
discussion via the forum.

Creating a lipid bilayer is not a particularly easy task.  You can generate a
leaflet by replicating the coordinates of one lipid molecule in the x-y plane
using genbox, then create the facing leaflet by rotating the existing leaflet
using editconf.  Concatenate the files and you have yourself a bilayer (which
will need extensive equilibration, of course).  Adding water is trivial with genbox.

-Justin

praba vathy wrote:
> Dear Sir,
>
> I want to create a lipid bilayer in which protein is inserted and on
>
> the top of insertion i need to put the water molecules and then at the
>
> bottom as well. I don't understand  that how to place the
>
> molecules  using Gromacs. Please give suggestions.
>

> Regards,
> Prabha. K

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate