[gmx-users] incomplete frame

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Sep 2 15:07:11 CEST 2010

Carla Jamous wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I concatenated many trajectories with trjcat and didn't have any problem.
> But when I did trjconv, I had this warning:
>
> WARNING: Incomplete frame: nr 6077 time 12154
>
> so I tried to do gmxcheck on my concatenated .xtc and got :
>
> Reading frame       0 time    0.000
> # Atoms  192409
> Precision 0.001 (nm)
> Reading frame    6000 time 12000.001
> WARNING: Incomplete frame: nr 6077 time 12154
>

> Item        #frames Timestep (ps)
> Step          6077    2
> Time          6077    2
> Lambda           0
> Coords        6077    2
> Velocities       0
> Forces           0
> Box           6077    2
>
> please can anyone tell me what might be the problem, knowing that when I
> gmxcheck the file .xtc that contains this frame, I don't get a warning.

Two possibilities:

1. trjcat corrupted the frame when trying to write the full trajectory
2. The original non-concatenated trajectory is corrupted and trjcat passed over
the problem, while trjconv cannot.

Check the original (non-concatenated) trajectories to assess their integrity.
If #1 is true, run trjcat again.  If #2 is true, you cannot use the corrupted
frame(s), which may mean re-running from a point prior to the corruption.

-Justin

> Thank you,
> Carla

Justin A. Lemkul