[gmx-users] Re: Restarts: Truncation of file *.xtc failed

David de Sancho daviddesancho at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 00:02:59 CEST 2010

Hi
Thanks Greg for your answer.
Yes, my simulation is in fact pretty long and its files are considerably
large. The size of the xtc files is approximately ~2 GB when I am trying to
do the restart.
I thought on the contrary that my problem was related to another post in
today's list (
http://lists.gromacs.org/pipermail/gmx-users/2010-September/053701.html). My
xtc files were not synchronized (by very little). The answer to that other
message was that in case the xtc files were not synchronized one would have
to create new and synchronized tpr files using tpbconv and the trr files
with positions and velocities.
Can anyone confirm this?
Thanks

David