[gmx-users] Amber force fields giving LINCS errors

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Sep 9 22:11:11 CEST 2010

TJ Mustard wrote:

> First off I am using gromacs 4.5. I will also post all of my files and
> errors if they help.
>

> If I run a protein in GROMOS96 all my md runs complete succesfully. But
> if I change to any of the AMBER force fields I get LINCS errors in my
> positional restraint md run. I have tried using shake, 1 fs step sizes,
> -heavyh, and many more. Does anyone know what is going on here?

A complete (but not overly lengthy) post will save everyone a lot of time.
Based on the information you've provided here, I see now way to diagnose the
problem.  The most important information to post would be your .mdp file.
Certain settings can influence stability.  A description of the hardware,
compilers used, etc. can also be useful.

-Justin

> The reason I want to use AMBER is the fact that I want to run md on the
> 30s rybosome and amber converts RNA much easier than GROMOS force fields.
>

> Thank you in advance,
>

> TJ Mustard Email: mustardt at onid.orst.edu
> Cell: 509-879-4173

Justin A. Lemkul