[gmx-users] About parallel installation of GMX-4.5.1

wuxiao xiaowu759 at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 11 10:20:30 CEST 2010

Dear GMXers,

  I have a quad-core computer at hand, on which I would like to install a parallel implementation of GMX-4.5.1. The homepage (http://www.gromacs.org/About_Gromacs/Release_Notes/Version_4.5) refers to "running on a multi-core node now uses thread-based parallelization to automatically spawn the optimum number of threads in the default build". I have a puzzle about it, that is, whether it means that I do not have to add "--enable-mpi" in compling the source for parallel calculations. Please give me some hints, thanks a lot.

Chaofu Wu, Dr.