[gmx-users] problem with .edr file

Berk Hess gmx3 at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 13 19:36:31 CEST 2010

Hi,

There is no problem at all and you only got notices, not errors.
In Gromacs version 4.0 and before each frame in an energy file always contained the energy averages
over the whole simulation up to the current step. For proper checkpointing we therefore had to write
an energy energy file frame every time a checkpoint is written. The frames cause no problems and all,
and g_energy ignores them by default.

Starting with version 4.5 energy frames only contain the average starting from the time when the previous
frame was written and we could get rid of the inelegant (bug harmless) extra frames.

Note that the energy file that you obtained from the rerun does not have the exact averages and fluctuations
with statistics over all md steps.

Berk