[gmx-users] Regular vs. CHARMM TIP3P water model

Berk Hess gmx3 at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 14 11:33:16 CEST 2010

Hi,

I don't understand what exactly you want to reproduce.
Standard tip3p and Charmm tip3p are different models, so the density does not have to be identical.
The Gromacs Charmm FF implementation paper:
http://pubs.acs.org/doi/full/10.1021/ct900549r
gives 1002 for tip3p and 1015 for charmm tip3p (this is with LJ switched from 1 to 1.2 nm).
I have in an old paper 986 for tip3p, with 0.85 nm cut-off plus dispersion correction.
These numbers are quite different. I'll do some checking.

Berk