[gmx-users] NO GSL! Can't find and take away ballistic term in ACF without GSL

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Sep 14 23:50:48 CEST 2010

Yao Yao wrote:
> I met this msg when running g_hbond in 4.5-beta version.
> Then it gives "Segmentation Fault" without any time frame reading.
> Does anyone know what it means?

I presume from your subject line that you received an additional error message.
  It indicates that you did not compile with the GNU Scientific Library and thus
cannot utilize whatever function you're trying.

There is no real reason to be using a beta - the official 4.5 came out a few
weeks ago.  From the looks of the code, the block you're trying to access has
been commented out, but it's hard to assess whether or not you're trying to run
a legitimate analysis (some features may not yet work, especially if you're
using a beta).

If you want to try to troubleshoot it, please post the full command line and
copy and paste any and all error messages.

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar
MILES-IGERT Trainee