[gmx-users] Re Multiple Chains

Dallas Warren Dallas.Warren at monash.edu
Thu Sep 16 00:48:51 CEST 2010

Talk of each chain you have there as a molecule, which is what they are.
So what you want is multiple molecules within the box, correct?

 Once you start referring to them at molecules, then it should become
far more obvious what you need to do.  To do that, you take a single
molecule in a coordinate file, then tell a script to put many copies of
that molecule within a given box size.  The GROMACS scripts to date have
not really been the best for doing that, but genconf and genbox are the
ones that you can use.

Catch ya,

Dr. Dallas Warren

Medicinal Chemistry and Drug Action

Monash Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Monash University
381 Royal Parade, Parkville VIC 3010
dallas.warren at monash.edu

+61 3 9909 9304
When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble
a nail.