[gmx-users] g_hbond

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Sep 17 17:37:27 CEST 2010

Fahimeh Baftizadeh Baghal wrote:
> hello,
> I have a trajectory generated by gromacs in which I excluded water and
> there is only protein, now I like to see how does the number of h_bond
> between water and protein change during the trajectory. In fact when I
> use g_hbond I can choose the water and protein but I was wondering where
> does the information about water come from??

Certainly you can choose whatever groups are present (either from default groups
or from those in an index file), but I would imagine the command will either
fail or simply identify that there are no hydrogen bond donors or acceptors
within what would otherwise be water.

If you have not saved the coordinates for water, you cannot run any command to
analyze properties related to or involving water.

-Justin

> thank you in advance for your time
>
> Fahimeh

Justin A. Lemkul