[gmx-users] unit conversions

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sat Sep 18 02:49:28 CEST 2010

Ramachandran G wrote:
> Thank you Justin,
>      You are right i am not comparing the same force field.
>    But i am still curious to know the conversion factor for epsilon from
> MOIL to gromacs(charmm)force field.
> i.e., for sulfur epsilon value of 0.25 to 1.8828. Thank you.

If you are not comparing the same force fields, you are not likely to get the
same answer.  I thought I identified the fact that the value you are referring
to corresponds to the MOIL implementation of OPLS-UA, which has no relationship
whatsoever to the Gromacs implementation of CHARMM.

Dividing by 4.184 is the correct conversion factor for kcal->kJ.

-Justin

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar