[gmx-users] WHAM

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sat Sep 18 19:32:08 CEST 2010

ms wrote:
> Hi Justin,
>
> On 17/09/10 11:51, Justin A. Lemkul wrote:
>> Also in section 5.3 is the procedure for how to use REMD data, but I
>> don't think it will ever accomplish what you want. The input into WHAM
>> would be energies, not RMSD vs. R(g), as you initially stated as your
>> goal. You can easily build free energy surfaces of RMSD vs. R(g) using
>> g_sham, however.
>
> I am wondering: Is there an already-done way, for a REMD set of
> trajectories, to allow g_sham to extract the surface only from a given
> temperature, from all replicas?

There's nothing automated that I'm aware of.  The trajectories should be
ensemble-continuous, so you should be able to conduct whatever analysis you want
on any particular temperature.  You'll have to construct the .xvg input into
g_sham though, such that the data represented are in two columns, so
unfortunately, in the case of RMSD vs. R(g), you have to do additional scripting.

-Justin

> thanks!
>
> m.

Justin A. Lemkul