[gmx-users] continue Prod run from NPT eq

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Sep 21 15:05:20 CEST 2010

nahren manuel wrote:
> Dear Gromacs Users,
>
> I am using ver 4.5.1.
>
> I completed a 500 ps run of NPT (the mdp file is below). after when i
> try to do a prod run with both velocity and pressure read from the
> output of NPT, I get a error
>
> newgrompp -f eq3npt.mdp -o eq3npttpr.tpr -p dimertop.top -c
> eq2nptpdb.pdb -t eq2npttrr.trr -e eq2nptedr.edr
>
> **********
>

> READ 3 BOX VELOCITIES FROM eq2nptedr.edr

> Program newgrompp, VERSION 4.5.1
> Source code file: enxio.c, line: 1022
>
> Fatal error:
> Could not find energy term named 'Xi-0-Protein'
>
> I cannot judge where I go wrong. Kindly help.

Did you switch your thermostat between NPT and production MD?  The Xi-* terms
are specific to the Nose-Hoover thermostat, so if you used, i.e. Berendsen
during NPT, these terms will not have been written to the .edr file.

You should, however, be able to use a checkpoint file (grompp -t *.cpt) to do
the continuation.

-Justin

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate