[gmx-users] Query regarding protonation and deprotonation of some residues

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 11:49:38 CEST 2010

Hi Sonali,

First of all, you'll have to find a force field that supports tyrosinate and
serinate. These aren't generally considered titratable and are consequently
not in the list for interactive selections with pdb2gmx. Once you've found a
suitable force field, you'll have to set the protonation states by renaming
the residues. Such simulations are advanced, requiring a thorough knowledge
of simulations and force fields. Do check
http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/How-tos/Parameterization if you haven't
done so.

Hope it helps,

Tsjerk

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 8:49 AM, sonali dhindwal <
sonali11dhindwal at yahoo.co.in> wrote:

> Thanks Kass for the help.
>
> I want to specifically protonate one of the lysine near the active site and
> deprotonate Tyr and Ser. It will be kind if  you can please help me to know
> how to select that specific residue number.
>
> Regards
> --
> Sonali Dhindwal

Tsjerk A. Wassenaar, Ph.D.

post-doctoral researcher
Molecular Dynamics Group
* Groningen Institute for Biomolecular Research and Biotechnology
* Zernike Institute for Advanced Materials
University of Groningen
The Netherlands