[gmx-users] Re: Problem with pressure coupling

Ondrej Marsalek ondrej.marsalek at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 21:15:20 CEST 2010

Hi again,

I have made available a testcase that reproduces the problem here:

http://marge.uochb.cas.cz/~marsalek/tmp/test-volume-drift.tar.bz2

To see the problem, use grompp
from GMX 4.5.1 and run the resulting tpr. Then extract the volume:

echo Volume | g_energy -f ener.edr -o volume

and observe the drift. I would be very grateful if someone could help
me confirm the behavior.

I have found one more thing indicative of this being a bug in 4.5.1.
If I use grompp from 4.0.7 and then run the tpr using 4.5.1 it runs
fine, just as it runs in 4.0.7. The tpr produced by grompp from 4.5.1
has the drift in box volume when run in 4.5.1. Of course, it will not
run in 4.0.7, so there is no way of testing that.

Thanks for any help on this,
Ondrej