[gmx-users] Re:Simulation Crash

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Apr 4 06:03:43 CEST 2011

Kishore wrote:
> Dear Justin,
> I have used the same .mdp file you have used in your tutorial for
> enzyme-ligand complex, I am pasting it here. My system consists of 10212
> (enzyme+NADPH) atoms and 45000 water molecules.

Try using the Berendsen barostat instead of P-R.  Some systems don't behave as
robustly and require a bit more gentle equilibration.  The P-R barostat allows
for much wider fluctuations in pressure in such cases that lead to instability.

Otherwise, you have to do a thorough analysis of the origin of the problem.
Does your protein run alone?  What about the NADPH cofactor?  If one or both of
these fails under the same conditions, you have a problem with your topology
that is causing the instability.

-Justin

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate