[gmx-users] FEP and loss of performance

chris.neale at utoronto.ca chris.neale at utoronto.ca
Mon Apr 4 15:02:03 CEST 2011

If we accept your text at face value, then the simulation slowed down
by a factor of 1500%, certainly not the 16% of the load balancing.

Please let us know what version of gromacs and cut and paste your
cammands that you used to run gromacs (so we can verify that you ran
on the same number of processors) and cut and paste a diff of the .mdp
files (so that we can verify that you ran for the same number of steps).

You might be correct about the slowdown, but let's rule out some other
more obvious problems first.

Chris.