[gmx-users] OPLS-AA atom types

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Apr 5 16:32:54 CEST 2011

Austin B. Yongye wrote:
> Justin:
> I am using gromacs version 4.0.2. Several attempts to download current gromacs versions from http://www.gromacs.org/Downloads kept yielding 93.0-byte files. So I re-installed my pre-existing v4.0.2 without any problems (>./configure --enable-sse; make; make install).
> If you could send me the ffnonbonded.itp file that would be great.

You don't need it.  The corresponding file in 4.0.2 is called ffoplsaanb.itp.
Newer Gromacs versions have a different directory and naming structure, but the
contents of these files is the same.

Be aware that there have been dozens (if not hundreds) of usability upgrades,
bug fixes, and new features that have been added since 4.0.2.  You would be
well-served to try to figure out why you can't download a newer version.

-Justin

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar