[gmx-users] Is there still interest in rigid-body simulation?

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Apr 7 18:58:00 CEST 2011

It seems like lots of people are in favor of this idea.  Since Gromacs is
undergoing some MAJOR changes to its underlying code, features, etc in the
coming months it would be prudent to:

1. Post this proposal as a project/enhancement request on redmine.gromacs.org
(and then volunteer to work on it)
2. Post the idea, framework, time needed, etc to the gmx-developers list so
you're reaching a target audience for such tasks
3. Coordinate your efforts with the core developers who are currently developing
a pretty detailed roadmap of future development (much of this can be done on the
redmine site)

All of these will improve the chances of making useful code contributions that
can eventually get incorporated into a release, or at least a git branch somewhere.

-Justin

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar