[gmx-users] .n2t file for ssDNA

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sat Apr 9 00:03:23 CEST 2011

majid hasan wrote:
> Thanks Justin!
>
> But with pdb2gmx, after selecting force field and water model, I get
> this error: Fatal Error: Residue 'DA3' not found in residue topology (on
> selecting oplsaa), and when I selected amber99, I got following fatal

Right, there are no nucleic acids in OPLS-AA by default.  There may be
parameters out there somewhere, but they're not in Gromacs.

> error: there is a dangling bond at at least one of the terminal ends and
> the force field doesn't provide terminal entries or files. Edit a .n.tdb
> and/or .c.tdb file.

This is not a broadly-applicable error message, unfortunately, contrary to what
it might suggest.  Nucleic acid termini do not use .n.tdb or .c.tdb files; these
are for proteins.  Regardless, your input file has to conform to the
requirements of the .rtp entries for the force field.  You're probably missing
atoms.

> I also tried Amber, and Oplsaa forcefields on a different dna.pdb file,
> and got missing residue errors.

Then the input is not sound and thus is not a good test case.

-Justin

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar