[gmx-users] .n2t file for ssDNA

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sat Apr 9 00:14:47 CEST 2011

majid hasan wrote:
> Okay, I'll try to create a better .pdb file, and see how it goes. So if
> oplsaa doesn't have nucleic acids, then Amber is a better choice?

A force field should be chosen based on thorough study of the literature,
including the derivation of the parameter sets and their inherent assumptions
and limitations, as well as their success in reproducing relevant physical
observables.  This is the most important choice you likely make when starting a
simulation, so you shouldn't simply choose a force field because it's there and
might "work" in terms of getting some form of output.

-Justin