[gmx-users] Still model

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Sun Apr 10 01:53:50 CEST 2011

On 9/04/2011 1:24 PM, Mu Yuguang (Dr) wrote:

> Dear Chi-Xheng,
>
> We have tried GB module in gromacs, but unfortunately we found
> something wrong with it.
>
> What we found is that the results got from gromacs were quite
> different from those obtained from AMBER codes.
>
> We did not check in details why.

I also have tried to compare some polyalanine implicit-solvation REMD
with published AMBER results. I could not get agreement, however I noted
that in a follow-up paper by the same authors using a higher AMBER
version, they implied that they didn't get agreement with their earlier
work, either. So perhaps there was an AMBER problem, or an AMBER-user
problem. I can supply some details if useful.

Mark