[gmx-users] How to install GROMACS in Rocks Cluster 4.5.4 : ERROR

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Apr 11 23:42:03 CEST 2011

1. Please do not reply to the entire digest.  It confuses the archive.
2. Please heed the following message from your digest:

than "Re: Contents of gmx-users digest..."

Miguel Quiliano Meza wrote:
> Dear community.
>
> Thank you for your help. After doing "./configure" without problems, the
> system showed ERROR again after "make".Here, I put the steps that I
> followed, what is my error?. Please help me with your advices. By the
> way... I made a mistake, I am using Rocks cluster 5.4.
>
> root at bioinfocluster gromacs-4.5.4]# mpi-selector-menu
> Current system default: openmpi-1.4-gcc-x86_64
> Current user default:   <none>
>
>     "u" and "s" modifiers can be added to numeric and "U"
>     commands to specify "user" or "system-wide".
>
> 1. openmpi-1.4-gcc-i386
> 2. openmpi-1.4-gcc-x86_64
> 3. rocks-openmpi-1.4.1
> 4. sun-ct-8.2.1-i386
> 5. sun-ct-8.2.1-x86_64
> U. Unset default
> Q. Quit
>
> Selection (1-5[us], U[us], Q):
>

>    1. export CPPFLAGS="-I/opt/rocks/include"
>    2. export LDFLAGS="-L/opt/rocks/lib"
>    3.
>    4. ./configure --enable-mpi --prefix=/share/apps/opt/gromacs
>
> *
> *
> *Until this point, I did not have errors, then...*
>
> # make

The actual error message is somewhere in your ellipsis.  Look at your output
again and post the real error information.  Also, please copy and paste your
commands directly from your terminal, rather than from whatever protocol you're
following.  I sincerely doubt you typed "1. export CPPFLAGS..." as your command.

-Justin

> make[3]: *** [libmd.la <http://libmd.la/>] Error 1
> make[3]: Leaving directory `/share/apps/src/gromacs-4.5.4/src/mdlib'
> make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/share/apps/src/gromacs-4.5.4/src'
> make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/share/apps/src/gromacs-4.5.4/src'
> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>
> *Thanks in advance.
>
> Miguel.*

Justin A. Lemkul