[gmx-users] Unexpected results arising from T- and P-coupling methods

英雄不再寂寞 xiaowu759 at qq.com
Tue Apr 12 06:22:41 CEST 2011

Dear gmxers,
   According to my recent practice, we find that the Berensen methods for T- and P- coupling can yield reasonable averaged density as a function of temperature, but when the v-rescale method and the Parrinello-Rahman method are employed for T- and P- coupling, somewhat unexpected results (i.e. density at higher temperature is bigger than that at lower tempearature) are obtained. Generally, the latter setup is considered to be prefered to the former one in simulating realistic ensemble. I am using gmx-4.5.3, and previously I have also performed one similar work using 4.0 which can generate expected results using the latter setup. I wonder if this version 4.5.3 has some bugs in calculating T and P, and are they dealt with in 4.5.4? Please give me some hints.

 Yours sincerely,
 Chaofu Wu, Dr.