[gmx-users] Re : Simulation for prediction of binding between a peptide and protein

Thomas Evangelidis tevang3 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 09:22:30 CEST 2011

I suppose by "full body dock" you mean rigid body docking, correct me if I
am wrong. In that case you could create initial starting structure for
flexible peptide docking. Rosetta accepts even coarse-grained models, namely
only the backbone, and then builds the full-atom structures.

Alternatively you could predict potential peptide binding sites on your
protein (i.e. by using this server http://pepsite.russelllab.org/index.html)
and the run SMD to force the peptide to attach to these putative binding
sites, and thus create initial coordinates for Rosetta. This approach is
more tedious. Nevertheless, flexible peptide docking with Rosetta takes
approximately 3 minutes per decoy on an average node and has sub-angstrom
accuracy. Posting a question in the Rosetta forum doesn't sound like a bad
idea.

email: tevang at bioacademy.gr

          tevang3 at gmail.com

website: https://sites.google.com/site/thomasevangelidishomepage/