[gmx-users] Re: How to install GROMACS in Rocks Cluster 5.4 : ERROR

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Apr 12 23:26:39 CEST 2011

Please make sure to keep all discussion on the list.

Miguel Quiliano Meza wrote:
> Hi Justin.
>
> Unfortunately, the problem persist. So... for the moment I had to

Well, unless you can provide exact input (commands) and output (error messages)
for what you're doing, you're going to stay stuck, unfortunately.

> install GROMACS 4.0.5 (pre-compiled for Rocks 5.4). This is because We
> want to know the performance of our cluster.
>
> Could you tell me please one BIG...BIG.. inconvenient for this version?
> I mean, I know that in the web page of GROMACS, one can notice it
> (http://www.gromacs.org/About_Gromacs/Release_Notes/Versions_4.0.x), but
> for me the majority of updates are unknown, as a product of my few
> experience with the program. Will this version permit us run "common"
> calculations (a big range )?

Perhaps you can state exactly what you're trying to do.  I don't know what "a
big range" of "common calculations" pertains to.  You can run MD with any
Gromacs version you like.

If you're looking for differences between the 4.0.x series and 4.5.x, you're
simply looking in the wrong place.  Hundreds of relevant updates are listed here:

http://www.gromacs.org/About_Gromacs/Release_Notes/Versions_4.5.x

-Justin

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate