[gmx-users] amide partial charges in G56A3

XUEMING TANG yujan2007 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 15:39:30 CEST 2011

Hi there

The amide partial charges in the share folder of gromacs G56A3ff is as
following
   H                             H: +0.280  N: -0.280
    |                              C: -0.380   O: -0.380
C-N-C-C                      other C : 0.000
       "

I guess all protein people use partial charges of amide like above because
it is in the forcefield file? I am wondering where are those numbers come
from? Any reference will be great!
(I know in Justin Lemkul 2010 paper he discusses about the partial charges
of amide. I am curious about how gromacs sign those numbers. It must be good
although different form gaussian calculations.)

Thank you for your time!

Cheers!
Xueming