[gmx-users] Issues of NEMD + 1/viscosity from g_energy

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sat Apr 16 22:34:26 CEST 2011

shikha nangia wrote:
> Thanks again, Justin.
>
> Dear all,
>
> I figured out the problem. Error was in my mdp file options. I did not
> specify the acc-groups correctly. I can get 1/viscosity using g_energy.
>
> However, once the acc-groups are specified, now the NEW issue is not
> being able to run my job correctly.
>
> I get the following errors:
>
> Step 376, time 7.52 (ps)  LINCS WARNING
> relative constraint deviation after LINCS:
> rms 0.006964, max 0.163855 (between atoms 861 and 859)
> bonds that rotated more than 30 degrees:
>  atom 1 atom 2  angle  previous, current, constraint length

Whatever you're doing to the system is causing its underlying model physics to
break down.  Please see:

http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Terminology/Blowing_Up

If you want help troubleshooting, please provide:

1. A description of the system
2. Outcomes of energy minimization and equilibration
3. Full .mdp file of the process that is crashing

-Justin