[gmx-users] the ligand have more than one molecules

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Sun Apr 17 11:31:26 CEST 2011

On 17/04/2011 7:05 PM, ahmet yıldırım wrote:
> Dear Justin,
>
> I have 6 EDO and 1 TRS ligans. I created coordinate and .itp files for
> each EDO molecule using prodrg web server. I am adding coordinates of
> each EDO molecule into a file called conf.gro. The conf.gro file is
> obtained from without_EDO_TRS. pdb ( there is not ligands). is this
> procedure correct?
>
> I do not know what to do about EDO.itp because .itp files obtained
> from the prodrg web server are the same. How can I create one .itp
> file for all the EDO molecules?

A molecule .itp file can contain the [moleculetype] for that molecule.
It has a name given to it inside the [moleculetype]. This molecule is
replicated by grompp according to the number assigned next to the
reference to the name in the [molecules] section.

Your .top file could look something like this.

#include "whatever/forcefield.itp"
#include "whateverprotein.itp"
#include "trs.itp"
#include "edo.itp"
#include "somewater.itp"

[molecules]
Protein 1
EDO 6
TRS 1
SOL 23445

Read the examples in chapter 5, do some tutorials without trying to
modify them, and you will better understand the forms that .top files
can take.

Mark