[gmx-users] Simulation of CNT with Amber forcefield

majid hasan pu_majidhasan at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 18 21:27:58 CEST 2011

Okay, so I am able to create cnt.rtp, and cnt.top file using g_x2top. But
g_x2top only supports OPLSAA, and GROMOS forcefield, and if I use a different
forcefield then I get this error: Fatal Error: No or incorrect atomname2type.n2t
file found,
which is because other forcefields don't contain any .n2t files. And, I don't
want to create cnt.top using oplsaa/gromos because these forcefields are not
suitable for dna. So what is the way around i.e if I can't use the same force
field to construct both (cnt and dna) topologies, then what do I do?

Is any of following likely to work (though I don't think so):

1) Create cnt.top and cnt.rtp using x2top oplsaa, and add cnt.rtp in amber?
2) Add an atomname2type.n2t in amber?

Lastly, the link http://cs86.com/CNSE/SWNT.htm doesn't contain anything at the
moment. Has it been replaced by some other link or is it permanently down?

Thanks,
Majid