[gmx-users] Coarse-grained force field

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 08:05:19 CEST 2011

Hi Ksenie,

I don't think you'll be able to find a proper atomistic force field
description for lanthanide either. Check
http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/How-tos/Parameterization.

But in general, no, you can't mix force fields, and definitely not
ones of different resolution. In addition, think of what it means, a
coarse grained ion. Usually it's either something that binds one part
of a protein to another (emulate with some bonds), or it is a sphere
of water with something in it that happens to bear some charge, like
in the ion definitions in Martini.

Cheers,

Tsjerk