Re: 答复: [gmx-users] any software which could convert a polypeptidesequence to a pdb file?

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 09:07:40 CEST 2011

Hi,

Pymol is sort of semi commercial. You can install it easily on Ubuntu,
using apt-get install pymol (free!), you can install from source (also
free!). You can obtain an educational build (also free!, though
requiring registration). Any will do for the building of sequences,
which on linux is as simple as running:

for i in Y W F A; do for j in Y W F A; do for k in Y W F A; do for l
in Y W F A; do
PEP=H$i$j$k$lPAS
pymol -qcd "editor.build_peptide('${PEP}');cmd.save('$PEP.pdb')"
done; done; done; done

Hope it helps,

Tsjerk