[gmx-users] PYP Connection

Taylor Kaplan taylor_kaplan at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 21 09:48:07 CEST 2011

Hi Rama,

   I was looking at the tdb files for the amber03 force field ( I didn't change anything, i just read with the cat command ), anyways I didn't see anything written in the tdb -n or -c terminal files. After reading the gromacs manual on topology files, it said that residue connection types and such are specified through the tdb file. I'm only guessing that since the chromophore isn't an amino acid that it may have a different connection deviating from the traditional -n or -c terminals. So I was wondering if the amber force field was using the .tdb files that comes standard with gromacs ,... which I'm pretty sure lacks the type of connection that pyp makes with the protein. So to fix this problem, do we need to make or modify the .tdb file for the chromophore, or is the .tdb file of no concern?

Thanks,

Taylor