[gmx-users] How to control the temperature when using an electric field?

Apoorv Kalyankar apoorvkalyankar at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 09:38:01 CEST 2011

In GROMACS, I believe that whenever an external force is applied, the
mean velocity of the group is subtracted before rescaling the
velocities and then the mean velocity is added back in. So if you are
expecting  a plug like flow then there should not be any problem. In
other cases also, it should not create a problem since your external
electric field is not that large.

And yes you should not remove the center of mass motion of the
molecules otherwise you will get zero velocity.

Apoorv