[gmx-users] Re: Re: Probable error in trjcat; skipping frames

Lipi Thukral lipi.thukral at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 13:40:11 CEST 2011

Dear David,
Dear Justin,

I have now installed the latest version of Gromacs 4.5.4. The problem still
persists.
The two files to concatenate do not have exactly the same timeframes.
However they do have something like the following:

File 1: 2091000.0000000
File 2: 2090170.0000000

May be I don't understand but its clear that the two files do not have the
same time-frames so why is trjcat skipping the frames?

Regards,
Lipi

On 4/27/2011 3:51 PM, Lipi Thukral wrote:
> Hi Justin,
>
> I am using Gromacs 4.5 beta-2.
> gmxcheck with file 1 and file 2 tells me exactly the number of frames
> I specified.
> gmxcheck -f File1.xtc
> Frames: 2175
>
> gmxcheck -f File2.xtc
> Frames: 1232
>
> While after concatenating, it skips the frames and the combined
> trajectory results in 1266 frames.
> Do you attribute this to Gromacs4.5beta2 version? Is there a possible
> bug in that version for trjcat?

Maybe - but it's not worth finding out whether a bug existed then.
There's no value in trouble-shooting a beta version that is known to
have other problems. Get the latest GROMACS version and install and use
it. If you can demonstrate a problem there, now people will be much more
interested in addressing the issue.

Mark