[gmx-users] trjorder not working

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Fri Apr 29 03:43:42 CEST 2011

On 4/29/2011 11:29 AM, shivangi nangia wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The manual explaining trjorder says:
>
> trjorder orders molecules according to the smallest distance to atoms
> in a reference group or on z-coordinate (with option -z). With
> distance ordering, it will ask for a group of reference atoms and a
> group of molecules. For each frame of the trajectory the selected
> molecules will be reordered according to the shortest distance between
> atom number -da in the molecule and all the atoms in the reference
> group. *The center of mass of the molecules can be used instead of a
> reference atom by setting -da to 0*
>
> In order to arrange water molecules in accordance with the COM of the
> polypeptide, I chose -da 0.

As it says above, -da refers to an atom or COM of the molecule, not the
reference group. This could be worded better in the documentation.

Be sure you're choosing the groups you think you are choosing - you not
copying relevant parts of your terminal output into emails is making
things difficult.

Mark