[gmx-users] MG-ATP

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Apr 29 20:25:32 CEST 2011

Sajad Ahrari wrote:
> thanks felix
> you are right.both exist.but how can i tell gromacs to put MG ions in
> the standard vicinity of ATP? or maybe gromacs knows it already and i
> have to just type "MG-ATP" instead of "ADP"?

If all residues, including ligands and cofactors, exist in the .rtp database,
all you need to do is run the structure through pdb2gmx and it will produce a
topology.  Note that the presence of .rtp entries is a key caveat; pdb2gmx isn't
magic and won't work for anything you provide as input.  But in the case that
everything is in place for a given force field, then there should be no problem.

Try it and report back with specific errors if they arise.  Spending too much
time on the hypothetical gets nothing accomplished :)

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar
MILES-IGERT Trainee