[gmx-users] Fatal error: Attempting to read a checkpoint file of version 12 with code of version 4

Faezeh Kargar f_kargar at iasbs.ac.ir
Sat Apr 30 15:37:15 CEST 2011

> On
4/30/2011 7:22 PM, Faezeh Kargar wrote:

>> Dear
gmx users,

>> My code stops running because of
electricity voltage oscillation. it
>> happened for several
times and each time I restarted running my code.
>> but for
this time with command

>> mdrun -s topol.tpr
-x
>> traj.part0002.part0003.part0004.part0004.part0005.xtc
-cpi state.cpt
>> -e
ener.part0002.part0003.part0004.part0004.part0005.edr -g

md.part0002.part0003.part0004.part0004.part0005.log &

>> I used this command before without any error. but now I
encountered
>> error like this:
>>

>> Program mdrun, VERSION 4.0.7
>> Source

code file: checkpoint.c, line: 565

>> Fatal
error:
>> Attempting
>> to read a checkpoint file of
version 12 with code of version 4

>> I looked at
the file "checkpoint.c". at first the version of

checkpoint file is 4 but I do not know how and why it changes.

> The usual reason for this kind of error is
that you're using an old
> version of GROMACS to access a file
written by a new version. That's not
> a good idea.
>
> Mark

Thank you for your reply. I just use version
4.0.7 of GROMACS and all of files are written by this version. as I said
before, I could restart running of my codes with this command without any
problem.
Thank you

> Please
search the archive at

> This message has been scanned for viruses
and
> believed
to be clean.

--