[gmx-users] Re: Re: couple-moltype of FEP (Justin A. Lemkul)

Chunxia Gao chunxia.gao at chem.gu.se
Fri Dec 2 10:48:38 CET 2011

Dear Justin:

What I mean is can I calculate the free energy of restraining the ligand in the binding site, since I put on distance restraint to the ligand and the protein?

Regards
Chunxia

Chunxia Gao wrote:
> Dear Justin,
>
> If I apply the pull code to the distance restraints, can I calculate the free energy of those restraints through g_bar? In what way?

The pull code and free energy code are independent.  I see no reason why you
could not proceed in the same manner as the free energy tutorial describes, but
with the addition of your restraint.

> and the pull code can only be applied to distance restraints, right? not angle or dihedral restraints?

Correct.

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar